Belgian GP

Home Page Forum F1 2019 Appeal Room Belgian GP

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      bigdave235
      Keymaster

If you would like the FIA to look at an incident from this race, post a link with the time stamp and lap, and a brief description

Kimi_Raikkonen84
      Participant

I would like to appeal against MichelinMan for the safety car restart on lap 4. On Brians stream it clearly shows him stamping on the brakes (1:12:02) which causes multiple cars to bunch up, which none of us at the back were able to stop in time for, causing me, Demon and Matt to sustain race ending damage and light damage to at least 2/3 other cars

https://youtu.be/fOnEh–9Xb0

matthew010383

I would like to appeal against kimi for the safety car restart at lap 4. I braked to late as well but i didn’t hit anybody. But it looked like kimi didn’t brake at all.
      Time stamp 1:13.3 on my stream
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2A2BBln6w&t=1s

Kimi_Raikkonen84
      Participant

In counter to Matts appeal, yes i did brake, but by the time i had seen everyone at a near standstill, it was too late and considering it was wet i had no chance to stop, Mateyboy flying off behind me for the same reason would hopefully make this clearer, once i get my stream back up i’ll add it to help

Kimi_Raikkonen84
      Participant

https://youtu.be/watch?fOnEh–9Xb0 If all else fails this should 😂

keyobemi-f1
      Participant

like kimi i also want to appeal michelinman his restart at lap 4. michelinman is IMO acting in a unpredictiable manner which is dangerous to other cars which eventually results in chain reaction causing damage and for some even retirement. michelinman clearly put on the brakes out of nowhere and slowed down to almost being stationary because of the braking. on brian his streams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOnEh–9Xb0&t=7299s (1:11:50) you can clearly see him apply the brakes and on my stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKOiQay6BXE (38:10) you can see this just happens out of nowhere and the change of speed is so significant and unpredictable that it is impossible to avoid and has ruined mine and many others’ races. will at footage of my highlights which give an even better view in my next post hoping it will work

keyobemi-f1
      Participant
      michelinman
      Participant

I would like to counter appeal Kimi & Keyo as I was slowing the pack as Hamilton would do in real life seeing as the last 3 cars were so far back then they came around the corner like they was on a qualifying lap and didn’t have enough time to brake each driver has to be responsible for themselves to not be so close as it’s up to me when I want the restart to happen once the safety car goes back in

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by michelinman.
      DAVE2013
      Participant

My pov of the race start,I have to agree with matthew,the only 2 people out of 17 racers that was effected where keyo and kimi,keyo didnt brake in time kimi just didnt brake and took out himself and others,time stamp 16’41 on my stream,

DAVE2013
      Participant
      Kimi_Raikkonen84
      Participant

https://youtu.be/8cGSXzbVCEc My view of the incident, (1:11:40) as you can see, when i apply the brakes, due to the visibility, the only car that can be seen is Demon ahead, when all the others appear out of the spray you can see me brake heavier to try and get the car down to the impossibislow walking pace. Had that bunch up never happened, the closing rate would be mych lower and also disproves that I crashed into the back of anyone without using the Brakes

michelinman
      Participant

I agree with Dave these two drivers were caught sleeping 💤 I mean come on 160 mph behind safety car then he barely brakes you should of tried stamping them brakes on like you are accusing me and you can clearly see I applied 40 percent brakes from 60mph to 30mph before the safety car was at the bus stop 🚏

keyobemi-f1
      Participant

first of all i am not using mph but kph so this is wrong. i was allready behind you and slowed down sufficiëntly, this collision was not because i was going to fast. the only reason we had to speed up before blanchimont is the fact mich is speeding up as well( i love how mich was moaning that i was going full throttle, when in fact brian’s stream is showing mich exaxtly doing that). unlike what davej and mich claim, i did react straight away when seeing mich slow down out of nowhere. stamping on my brakes in these rainy circumstances as the worst thing i can do as it will only lock my tyres, causes me to slide and having less stopping power. not fully apllying the brake was the best thing i could do in order to avoid an collision. fact is that the leader can dictate the pace but he had to do so in a predictable manner according to the FIA, he didnt do that and endangered other drivers (even if some did not have damage), resulting in severe damage for some drivers like me. one should not slow down that massively out of nowhere by braking, resulting in an almost stationary pace that was impossible to avoid. IMO mich his dangerous and unpredictable driving during this restrart is the only factor that caused this chain reaction

michelinman
      Participant

I meant kimi was doing 160mph you were 20 car lengths behind me then all of a sudden your on my gear box which triggered the rest of the pack to go and when you was behind me I didn’t accelerate away from you then suddenly brake if I want to slow down to 1mph I can as long as I don’t come to a complete stop 🛑 it’s your responsibility not to be so close to me which unfortunately I can not control abit like Vettel on Hamilton at Baku 🤷🏻‍♂️

keyobemi-f1
      Participant

retreived from the official FIA regulations section 39.13:

In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the
      point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which
      involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger
      other drivers or impede the restart.

says enough about what you did wrong i think.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.