An Idea

Home Page Forum FIA Lounge An Idea

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      MIKE-WHITESIDE

I would like to ask the FIA to look into us possibly merging the 2 Leagues together and just have the 1 League with assist drivers and non-assist drivers racing together.

Kyle has said the he backs the idea.

But would appreciate the FIA looking into it.

Thank You
      Mike Whiteside

bloomstar1986
      Participant

I would like to vote for this idea if possible. Racing a league with only 5 drivers doesn’t feel great.

Paul-Ric82
      Participant

Sounds like a good idea if you ask me

DAVE2013
      Participant

This works well in other leagues,so yeah i am up for that

bigdave235
      Keymaster

Is this based on assist league drivers joining the non assist league, or changing the non assist league to allow assists?

supra2520
      Participant

I’m guessing this is based on the assist league joining us Dave.
      with us having to allow the use of assist from the understanding I got from kyle shortly after the f2 race as I believe a few would not be able to make that transition to fully non assisted racing .
      I gave my opinion that I don’t believe this is a good idea for a few reasons and I believe Sh , mayhem , Vern agree .
      Firstly no disrespect to the assist drivers but they get a massive advantage off the start line and in tyre wear using tc , then how do u police the use of it , may aswell make it a open assist league for all which honestly I would have no interest in doing .

MIKE-WHITESIDE

This is only an idea, i believe the Mayhem, bloomstar, nathenjohn and paulric will all make great competitors in the League they are quick enough to have battles.

Me not so much and i know that some people dont like racing with me because of where i brake and a few other things, So i will back out and Commentate. (if it helps the decision)

All im asking is give the rest of the guys a chance to race in a full league. Let them have the same race experience as the non-assist drivers

DAVE2013
      Participant

I do believe more non assisted drivers have joined a assisted league F2,so why cant this go forward in F1 on Sundays i don’t see the difference tbh.

devilsarmpit666
      Participant

Im up for that idea.. We race with the f1 assist lads on sunday and ive had no problems from any of them..so im up for it

bloomstar1986
      Participant

What about making it medium traction?

bigdave235
      Keymaster

HI Mike,

I understand why you have raised the idea. I just wanted to check as we have had similar requests the past, it has always been tricky as it is a non assist league, therefore to merge the leagues you have to look at changing these rules which is problematic for some as they race in the league specifically because it is a non assist league.

I really want to be able to have everyone racing, and if it would be possible to merge the leagues then we would have a fuller grip for all which would be great and I can see the benefit of that. But the issue is if the rules of the non assist league are to be changed then we will need a consensus from all drivers to do so and I think that might be difficult

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.