2 become 1? (the assist and non assist F1 leagues)

Home Page Forum F1 2020 F1 Leagues Latest News 2 become 1? (the assist and non assist F1 leagues)

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      bigdave235
      Keymaster

Hi everyone

So there has been a lot of discussion around the possibility of merging the assist and non assist F1 leagues so I just wanted to open the discussion on here so everyone can have a say and we can come to a consensus on how we move forward.

If we merge the leagues, we will have to consider a few things such as;

– Which Sunday to race on: I propose that we stick to the non assist schedule, so the next race would be on the 15th November in Monaco, and we can tweak the schedule after Christmas

– Points: Points gained so far would remain in a combined championship table, and at the end of the season we would be crowning an overall champion, and the table can show which drivers use assists and non assists so we don’t get confused why there are two winners etc for the first six races. Going forward as the league is combined, points awarded would be based on the race classification and at the end of the season the championship will be awarded to the driver with the highest points (and the same for the constructors)

– Teams: Where we have more than 2 drivers in a team (like Mercedes or Red Bull), these drivers are going to have to work out who will stay and who will move to another team. Drivers that move teams will be able to take their championship points with them. If two drivers move to another team they should stay as team mates, but if we have individual drivers in the assist and non assist league then it might be good if individuals team up together.

– Assists: We will need to use the assist settings so non assist drivers will need to be ok with this (although I propose that damage remains at simulation)

I do not have a preference and am happy to go with the majority consensus on this. I can see the pros and cons of both, but it would be good to have more people on the grid but it would be good to hear everyone’s opinion on the matter. Ideally it would be good if everyone could have a say by the end of the week.

Cheers

P.S. This consultation is for drivers who are actively taking part in the F1 leagues.

MIKE-WHITESIDE

I am happy to merge the leagues, i am also happy to let vern and SH have the mclaren. I just want to race

MYKMAYHEM Philip
      Participant

I’m fine with merging the leagues together I mean we tried it once before but it didn’t work to well but that’s all changed as drivers have left since then but yeah I’m willing to try it

bloomstar1986
      Participant

I’m happy for the above ๐Ÿ‘

Horst_der_Dieb
      Participant

Let’s do it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Vernon-ator_1991
      Participant

I have never had an issue with merging the leagues in a method of ensuring larger grids. Not that I’m suggesting anyone would, but would there be any control methods to ensure any non assist drivers are stopped from trying to put on an assist (i.e. Abs) to gain an advantage? But personally have no issues with merging.

supra2520
      Participant

If we have to merge the leagues for better numbers but I want to make it clear I would prefer that ABS is off it is too much of a advantage in performance and tyre wear to those who use it and I think itโ€™s highly unfair to us that donโ€™t use It to have to run with people that do I think the other assist turned on traction control gearbox driving line is a Enough if we are going to merge the leagues .The assist league run with no ABS for the first five races so I donโ€™t think this should be a problem for them.

MIKE-WHITESIDE

If we have to lose ABS we will lose the drivers that have joined in the last two races, i introduced ABS as a way to get more drivers

supra2520
      Participant

Okay then well if youโ€™re gonna have abs on You will have no problem with the non Assist drivers turning on ABS as well then And absolutely obliterating the field

TeamBlitzSH
      Participant

I have no issues but a couple potential issues but its easier to say than text

bloomstar1986
      Participant

I dont mind any driver having ABS on and obliterating me, I’m used to that in another league ๐Ÿ˜‚

Vernon-ator_1991
      Participant

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

MIKE-WHITESIDE

I agree i am happy for anyone to use ABS

Kimi_Raikkonen84
      Participant

I am happy for the leagues to merge, if it means weโ€™ll have fuller grids iโ€™m all for it

keyobemi-f1
      Participant

It was a standard right that the anti brake lock system is off? In my f2 days we were nog allowed to use it. I would prefer as well for that not being allowed as it would create extreme dangerous situations where those people can brake extremely late and we never know if we can turn into a corner or not as someone is divebombing from 50 meters

keyobemi-f1
      Participant

Other than that i am happy with the proposal. We will see if we can split it up again next year

Dekkadent
      Participant

I agree with keyo here

bigdave235
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. It looks like the consensus is to merge the leagues so we will go ahead at Monaco on the 15th November (next week). Before then we can work out which drivers are going into what teams.

I get the concerns about ABS though. We are going to have to allow it as it was allowed into the assist league a few races ago, but I think it is something we should keep an eye on for a few races. If some drivers are used to breaking later than others it could cause incidents (especially at the next few tracks!).

I think it might be a good idea if we did a test race this Sunday, it could be like a practice for Monaco (we can do a 50% distance) so we can get an idea if the mixed assists are going to be an issue or not. If anyone wants to join I will start up a lobby at 7

MIKE-WHITESIDE

Test race sounds good, i will happily commentate on it tonight as i can not race due to a broken thumb, but i should be around to commentate

Dekkadent
      Participant

I think It’ll be a good idea to list what drivers are left in f1 and f1 assist, i know Davej Dev and my teammate Matthew have left so i kinda don’t know whats going down really.
      I won’t be racing tonight lads, still have some personal issues to sort out and am deciding whether this merge is good for me also, but i’ll be following on here meantime

bigdave235
      Keymaster

Hi,

I have made a draft joint table so people can see where they stack up before we do Monaco proper. We just need to confirm who is going to go into which teams. I have put a mark next to everyone’s names so we can see who is from which league (and will put a proper explication on the table when I finish it)

Kimi and Supra have already said they will give up the RedBull and would like the Ferrari, which will let rob and gogs stay in the RB. Mike has said that he will move from the McLaren so SH and vern can stay, but just need to decide on which team to go in. Then the drivers in the Mercedes and Alpha Tauri teams will just need to decide who can stay and who will go to a new team (you will be able to take your constructors points with you).

There are three vacant teams at the moment, Renault, Hass and Alfa Romeo. Also, Mike, Keyo and Dekk do not have team mates, so it may make sense if two of you join up for the rest of the season.

By the constructors table at the bottom of the spreadsheet I have listed which drivers are currently in which teams.

If these drivers could discus amongst themselves and post what they will be doing in terms of teams and drivers I can get this updated.

bigdave235
      Keymaster

Update: Mayhem has said that he is happy to go into the Renault

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.